The blog is no longer a hot mess. It was actually bordering on schizophrenic if you ask me! I think we have a happy balance!
Quick update: The Gonzales house has been BUSY! Super BUSY! We did decide to do homeschooling as our school option for the year. I don't know what next year holds for us and honestly, I don't care. I know this is where she's meant to be fore now! I have every faith that Ms. Robin will not only catch her up but she will surpass her public school peers! We have all of our books ordered. The biggest set is here already and packed for Tuesday! Ms. Robin doesn't do one straight curriculum which I really like. She uses Saxon and Horizon's for math. She does Sonlight Core Readers for reading/history. Anna loves history so she's super excited to read about stuff she likes to learn about! She uses A Bekka for some language building skills, and so forth. You can see that she pulls from a couple of different places to get what she really wants which excites me!
We also made the official move from The Academy of Dance and Gymnastics! While it is a good school, especially for younger kids, it is getting expensive there. AND, their ballet technique does not grow as much as I feel like it should unless you are in the company dance team. Well, at this point, I'm not sure if I want that for Anna. Her tuition was also set to increase by $2 which isn't a huge deal but.... I got the mother of all deals in regards to her dance and I'm super excited about that! First, I went to Poquoson Dance School where I thought Anna would really grow, make good friends, and become a better dancer. But they are PRICEY! It would've been $80 for 2 classes. I want her in 2 classes mostly because of homeschooling but she also needs to start picking up other disciplines if she's going to be a good dancer. So, I went to another school called Absolute Dance in Yorktown. Would you believe that its only $15 more for Anna to take 2 classes there than it was for her to take the 1 class at The Academy! WOW! They offer a military discount and I really do love to show support to those companies that show US support. The owner was with a customer while I was checking out prices, etc. Well, in the midst of trying to find tap shoes for another girl, she says "You need to put her in Ms. Katie's class. She is teaching the more challenging ballet class for that age. (then she looks at me and says) Its the last spot so we can put you on the list and you can think about it over night if you want." Well, I was already SOLD and the girls working the counter had already put me in Ms. Katie's class. Then she spent time with us watching last year's recital and showing us what the girls in her new class did. She know lots of our friends from church and lots of our church friends also take dance there. She also got into a beginner's tap class but there was only 1 and it was on Tuesday nights. Tuesday nights are the night we meed with my small group from church.
So that's where she's at! I honestly can't remember a time, since she started kindergarten, that I feel so at ease about the upcoming school year! I think we're in great hands for school and dance and I'm so ready to get it underway!
No comments:
Post a Comment