Monday, June 21, 2010

June is a very bloggy month. Next up: Ballet Recital

Welcome to blog #6 in June.  Apparently, I blog a lot in June.  Last June, there were also 6 blogs.  And, I'm not even at the end of the month yet.  I wonder what it is about June that gives me so much to say or share?  At any rate, today's blog is more about Anna's ballet recital and Reed's trip home than anything else! 

On Tuesday afternoon, I got Anna out of school early to take pictures for Reed.  He hasn't had a professional picture of me and Anna since she was a baby.  It was his father's day present along with his ticket HOME.  Then we met up with some of my old high school buddies, Margaret (who was one of my bridesmaids-we try to hook up every now and then) and Meredith (AKA Mert) and their kiddos at the Short Pump Mall.  I had visions of hitting Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids and The Children's Place but alas, the kids played in the play area in the food court the WHOLE time.  They had a blast!  Anna was sweaty when we left.  Then we picked Reed up at the airport and went to Plaza Azteca for dinner in Williamsburg on the way home.  YUM!

On Wednesday, after Anna's ballet class, we took Anna to Robert and Ashley's house so they could watch her and we could go on a date.  Robert and Ashley are in our community group, I planned their wedding and they've just become overall good friends and a great support to us!  We went to Frank Beamer's American Grill in the new Peninsula Town center and the food was great!  I had an appetizer because, lets face it, I can't eat much, and I had a side of green beans...they were amazing!  Then we walked around the mall area and hit Target before we went to pick Anna up.  They were upstairs in the game room when we got there, having a blast, playing air hockey.  After Anna and Robert's game, Reed and Robert played and then Reed and Anna played some pin ball.  At that point, it was after 10 and  Anna still had school the next day!

The last day of school was our traditional last day.  We woke up, got dressed, took pictures of Anna (seen below) and went to Starbucks for breakfast.  It was weird to have Reed with us but a good weird!  He had NEVER had a frappacino!?  How does that happen?  Anyway, when Anna got home, we went to to pick up groceries and came home and cooked dinner together.  It was amazing to cook dinner for my husband and to eat together at home as a family!  We made grilled blackened tuna steaks, grilled shrimp, sweet baked potato and sauteed squash, onions and zucchini. 

On Friday, we saw Toy Story 3 first thing in the morning!  9 am is WAY early to see a movie!  But, it was great! I"m so glad we all got to see it together.  Then Reed and Anna went to work and I went to a graduation party.  My dear friend, Clint, graduated from high school.  I was his first babysitter.  That will make a girl feel OLD.  I have so many fond memories of Clint and its awesome to see what a great man he's turning into.  He's going to VCU on basically a full ride.  He wants to be a doctor and work towards a cure for cancer.  Isn't that amazing? 

On Saturday we got up early...again!  No sleeping in for Reed!  We had Anna's dress rehearsal for her ballet recital.  We've been told not to take pictures and video during the show, although we did without the flash, so I made Reed go with me in the morning to take video while I took pictures.  I didn't know who would be sitting in front of us or how good our seats were so I wanted to get 1 set that would be good just in case they weren't good the night of the recital.  The girls were so cute!  But its a SUPER long recital.  We came home and cleaned the house.  Then headed back to The Ferguson Center for the recital.  Afterwards, we went home and had dessert with mom, dad, Tab, Ashley and Robert.  Ashley and Robert came early to set up so I didn't really have anything to do when we got there!  It was awesome! 





On Sunday, we went to church early.  I love Sunday night church but sometimes I really miss Sunday morning people.  It was good to be able to see them all, and since Reed was with us, we really did get to see quite a few people!  Then we went to Stu and Tab's so we could borrow Brayden's bike.  We were there about 3 hours and Reed tried to teach Anna most of the time to ride his bike.  It didn't work.  She's getting close but she still has the balance thing to figure out.  He was determined to teach her but it didn't work out that way.  We probably could've if we'd had more time BUT, I wouldn't let Reed teach her till after her recital.  She's a little accident prone and I didn't want her hurt on Saturday.  She also needs a new bike so we're going to be looking for one the next couple of weeks so Robert, my dad or Stu can teach her!  I'm afraid if we wait much longer, she'll never learn!  Then we came home, Reed packed and we hit the road for the airport.  It took us 2 hours to get to Richmond!  Reed barely made it on time! 

So, that was our visit with Reed.  It was way too short but it was great to have him home with us.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Toy Story 3 was a great movie.