Sunday, June 13, 2010

A first for the Belle

Today we went to Glory at the Gardens.  If you live in the area and enjoy Christian music, I suggest you try to go.  We have seasons passes so its free for us but I've never been before because I'm always serving at church on Sunday night.  This year, Busch Gardens is tempting me to take off the rest of June though!  Tonight's concert was Francesca Battistelli, who I'd never heard of before, Building 429, whose music we sing at church...and then perhaps the ultimate for me, Steven Curtis Chapman.  Ok, I know he's not like a new and hip new Christian music artist but his music speaks to me on a different level, I tell ya!  Take "Magificent Obsession" for instance: "This is everything I want and this is everything I need.  I want this to be my one consuming passion.  Everything my heart desires, Lord, I want it to be all for you.  Jesus, be my magificent obsession."  When I think about this song...I think man, this is something I need to be my prayer daily!  And then there's "Speechless": "And I am speechless I'm astonished and amazed.  I am silenced by your wondrous grace. You have saved me! You have raised me from the grave And I am speechless in your presence now I'm astounded as I consider how You have shown us A love that leaves us speechless."  I can remember just letting those words sink in one day and crying as I drove down the road...tears of joy.

So, anyway, I took tonight off and we headed to Busch Gardens.  It was...oh, 95 out.  Um, yeah, that's HOT folks.  I seriously texted my friend who was meeting us there that if Hell is this hot, I've got to go to Heaven because I couldn't take an eternity of that!   This was Anna's first concert and I'm glad...so glad we got to go.  We've got a Jonas Brother's concert coming up in August but she can now say that this was her FIRST concert not some boy band.  :D  She keeps telling me that this was the best day and concert ever! She did have a little moment.  She cried hard when Steven sang Cinderella.  It reminds her of Reed.  Thank goodness he's home in 2 days because I think it could've been MUCH worse.  As I mentioned, this year's Glory at the Gardens is amazing!  Next week...SWITCHFOOT.  The week after?  THIRD DAY.  Yep.  Amazing.  Anyway, here are some of my favorite videos and pictures... and keep in mind it was H.O.T. 







2 comments:

Rob said...

Looks like fun. If i didn't have church I'd be there.

Becca said...

How fun! Love the pictures! I'd love to see Francesca Battistelli..."I've got a couple dents in my fender...gotta a couple rips in jeans/got to put the pieces together/perfection is my enemy...I'm free to be me!!!!!!!!!" lol