Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Settling down...maybe

Well, Reed is off.  The ship, thank goodness of the timing, was on its way south when the earthquake in Haiti hit.  After a couple of extra days, we had to take him to the airport to meet the ship.  It was easier than seeing the ship leave so seeing him off was a bit easier.  Plus, its always easier when I know he's doing something that is actually helpful!  The ship was released from their orders to Haiti this past week and so they are going to Florida at some point to off load some helocopters and reload supplies.  I wish our trips to Florida had aligned.  Its a little frustrating that we only missed him by a few days.

Anna and I made it to Orlando to visit Disney World and Sea World.  My dad came with us to make sure we were safe.  We were able to stay with our friends Troy and Christine.  We met Troy when we were stationed in Maine.  He worked with Reed and was one of the few Christians that worked with Reed.  We often had Troy over for dinner while he was single.  Then he married Christine and we went to church together in Portland.  Later, they were stationed here and stayed with us at my mom and dad's while they were house hunting.  They are a super neat couple so it was awesome to get to see Christine (we got in late and Troy was asleep and up and out for work before us) and baby Joel.  My dad enjoyed playing with Joel...so much so that I had to remind him that Sea World closed at 5 and that we needed to hit the road or we would not make it!  Anna and I have platinum passes to Busch Gardens.  That gives us free entrance into both Busch Gardens parks, the 3 Sea Worlds, and Sesame Place.  I hadn't been there since I was younger than Anna and we both love animals so much, I was determined to make it this trip!  We had a great time there!!  Afterwards, we checked into our hotel and went to eat at one of dad's favorite restautants.  We don't have a Bahama Breeze here so we have to eat there when we're near one.  We went to Disney's Hollywood Studios (aka MGM) on Thursday morning and dad played golf in the afternoon.  We all rode the new Toy Story ride, the Star Wars ride and the Rock and Roll Roller Coaster.  Anna scream and screamed on the roller coaster and I thought she was scared until she yelled out towards the end that she loved the ride!  We hit Epcot that night, caught the fireworks and walked on lots of rides. 2 of our favorite rides are there; Test Track and Soarin'.  We did Animal Kingdom on Saturday morning which brought another roller coaster that Anna loved.  We left that afternoon which was the plan, coincidentally, it was also during the time that it was raining!  Later that night, we went to Magic Kingdom.  My plan was only to catch the fireworks that night so that the following night, we could ride rides while everyone else was watching the fireworks on Sunday.  But, we were able to catch 1 ride before the parade and a couple more after the fireworks.  Sunday was a Magic Kingdom day...all day.  It was also VERY cold.  Luckily, on one of our breaks, we had found a Walmart and a Target where we bought warmer clothes! 

Here are some pictures of the trip... and there's even a picture of ME in there.  I know I said I would update my blog with more pictures... There really just hasn't been much time for blogging.  I should have a little more time although I also need to be making time to get this house on the market.  I hope to get profile pictures up soon though.  I am currently the smallest I've been since we moved back to Virginia almost 5 years ago!  I just realized that today!!! 

Anna feeding the seals.
Shamu!  We loved him!
Anna and Shamu

Anna w/ the Toy Story bunch

Such a pretty picture!  So pretty!

Mickey!!!

Checking out the dolphins at Epcot.

Anna and Dad at Animal Kingdom playing the drums.
Spectromagic Parade!  Love it!

Anna and my dad waiting for the fireworks.

Seriously one of the best fireworks displays EVER!

Anna LOVES Tink!

Me and the Belle at the castle!

No comments: